Location

Sunday, September 1, 2013

New Cruising Waters

Sunday 1st September
Not much of note today other than we have now left the Llangollen Canal and the company of Sheila and Jim.

We left Wrenbury this morning under a rather overcast sky and chilly wind.  We descended the Baddiley Lock Flight, Swanley Locks and Hurleston Lock Flight, seeing very little traffic in the opposite direction now that the summer school holidays are pretty much over.  Bit of a hold up at Hurleston for us and the 2 boats following, when a slow hire boat came in to the bottom lock before us and was having a photo session at the same time Whistling, I guess we have all been there.  I know we have, I took hundreds of photos on our first hire boat holiday Big Grin

1st September and what I would expect would be the beginning of Autumn has certainly brought the autumnal weather with it.  The forecast though says it should warm up a bit again towards the middle of the week, just what the doctor ordered.

Andrew and I are looking forward to this short trip up the final stretch of the Shropshire Union Canal, as it is a bit of water that we have not traveled before.  We picked up a pamphlet on what to do, see and where to eat in Chester and I have to say that I am looking forward to some civilised shopping Winking  Not that I have any money to spend though !  But also Chester seems to have a lot of history and interesting buildings to see. 

So Chester here we come. Batting Eyelashes

Sorry no photos in today's blog but I do have this one from a beautiful sunset when we were staying at Trevor Basin.  I walked back to take these from the aqueduct.
IMG_6355
Sunset over the River Dee
  SunsetPanorama-2

1 comment:

  1. Wish we'd had the time to go to Chester but have to leave that for another year. Thanks for your company am sure we shall see you both very soon. Take care and Happy Boating!

    ReplyDelete