Location

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Very Quiet Two Days

The past two days have been just as above for Andrew.  After our dinner on Monday night I had a little tickle in my throat, this turned into full scale warfare between good and evil throughout the night.  I even felt the flames and pitchforks! By the morning, with evil gaining the upper hand, my voice had virtually disappeared along with all pretense of sleep.  Sick  Andrew dosed me up with some sudafed, a cup of tea and left me to try and get some sleep.  He then scouted the local area to buy some bread, milk and dinner.  By the time he came back the daytime sudafed, with high doses of caffine, had woken me up rather than helping me sleep.  I did manage to get my knitted wrap finished along with a baby jumper, so not too bad.

After a good nights sleep, aided by night time sudafed, we cruised the last few miles in to Chester.  Andrew did the locking while I steered.  Angel There was no way that I would have the energy to do these double locks.  Well we arrived, in one piece I might add, but I was ready for sleep again.  Who would have thought a couple of hours steering would tire one out so much.

So once more Andrew went off to do some shopping on his own and I slept.  Now that I am feeling a lot better, tomorrow we shall go and venture around town together.  Andrew says I will love it.  He walked back from town earlier along the old city walls.  I am looking forward to that.

And for a great end to the day, just as I was about to write up this blog and having read all the others that I follow, who should knock on the side of the boat ?  Go on just guess.  There are not that many boats along this stretch of the canal !!  Well it was Tom from nb Waiouru, a fellow Kiwi.  Both Andrew and I follow their blog too and over the past year we have past them a couple of times but never actually met.  So Tom, thanks for stopping by Smile  It was great to finally meet you in person.

So there you have it, a very quiet two days Sleepy Star but plenty of pictures to come in the next few days I am sure Smile

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are feeling heaps better now. I promise it wasn't me that passed that on my sore throat amounted to nothing in the end! TG

    ReplyDelete